16 Incredible Love songs to help you celebrate your perfect Valentines Day!
First permit me to share a cheese warning! There’s no getting around it, Valentines + lovebirds = cheesy music bonanza!
Here’s a compilation of must-have soundtracks for your perfect Valentines! Enjoy!
1. Set the mood on Valentine's Day with this 90's classic. "I'll Make Love You To You" was No. 1 on the USA Billboard Hot 100 for 14 weeks between August and November in 1994 and helped the R&B group rise to be one of biggest groups of the decade.
2. If a fairytale princess is more your scene then Taylor Swift’s ‘Love Story’ is for you! It was one of the first tracks to propel her into pop stardom.
3. Rock your socks off and tell your beloved that you can ‘Use Somebody’ like them on Sunday. Hats off Kings of Leon - this is awesome!!
4. ‘You’re my first, my last, my everything!’ Barry White - Valentines Legend. Say no more.
5. ‘I only wanna be with you’ - Hootie and the Blowfish - remember them?! Amazing.
6. The Beatles were a band that had no problem writing about love. In fact, if you wanted to, you can probably make an entire Valentine's Day playlist based off just their songs. For this list, "Eight Days A Week" makes the cut, which features John Lennon adding another day to the week to express how much he loves someone.
7. If a more recent love anthem is more your scene, you can’t go far wrong with Calvin Harris and Rhianna’s ‘We found love’ - put on those dancing shoes!
8. ‘Just the way you are’ by Bruno Mars can’t fail to make you feel good!
9. Take my breath away! Take my breath away-eeeee!! AND you get to watch clips from Top Gun. You’re welcome.
10. A more melancholy tune but beautifully powerful and dreamy! ‘This year’s love’ by David Gray.
11. Nobody puts baby in the corner! My Valentines wouldn’t be complete without attempting the dance sequence and lift in this amazing tune ‘I’ve had the time of my life’ from Dirty Dancing. Swoon.
12. If you can’t find the words to say how you feel, Snow Patrol’s ‘Chasing Cars’ packs a powerful punch.
13. OK it’s my wedding first dance so I’m obviously bias but it’s a classic so it had to be here! Ladies and Gents, I give you Elton John’s ‘Your Song’.
14. I highly recommend putting in your earphones and turning up the volume to this next one! John Legend’s ‘All of me’. AMAZING.
15. It’s what the day is all about. Celebrating love! ‘All you need is love’ by the Beatles. So true!
16. To Finish off: If things are going swimmingly and you’re ready for the big question, this one’s for you! WARNING: Do not play unless you see wedding bells on the horizon!!! It can only be - Bruno Mars - ‘Marry you!’ And here’s an amazing proposal video just to ramp up the love factor!
Wishing all of you a very Happy Valentines Day!